Thursday, September 28, 2006

Streaming Audio at work Good or Evil?

I use it a lot so I can block out other people hallway conversations, and those who insist on having long speakerphone conversations with their doors open. I have co-workers who used to have speakerphone conversations when their offices were across the hall from each other. I could hear the echo of him saying it, then it coming out of her speakerphone. If they'd spoke a little loudly they could have done without the phone entirely.

The only reason this struck me was that I waited two minutes before going to a meeting so I could finish listening to Gordon Lightfoot's Canadian Railroad Trilogy. How could I not? That man has a way of writing very long songs :P The downside to tagging Gordon Lightfoot as a favourite is that Pandora keeps trying to make me listen to other artists like Jim Croce, who I have no interest in. Pandora is the free streaming music that Ben at work pointed me to, I used to listen to either Yahoo music or di.fm trance. The adds annoyed me for Yahoo music and Pandora has more options that pure trance from di.fm

No comments: