Monday, September 18, 2006

Post From Anaheim
I now have access to the blog, bad things may happen.

I'm in Anaheim (if you couldn't figure that out from the title) for a Documentum conference. Last year it was in Las Vegas (woo!) this year it is in Anaheim (sounds of crickets). The only good thing is that I could take the motorcycle here instead of flying. One hour forty minutes of being on the bike and I find that I've stuff in my eye at 65mph (snuck under my full face helmet!) and loss of feeling in my hands. The benefit? I do love the smell of Southern California, and the ability to accelerate. By the way, for all of you thinking 'The smell of southern california?' you must come visit and get a good lungful when you get off the plan in San Diego.

Oh yeah, Disney Land is here ... and by here I mean three blocks away. I've been here three hours and if I see one more mickey mouse ballon, it's exceeded my kitch level for this year.

Good things about being in a hotel: Travel channel, and Adult Swim, and the joy of time shifting. Time shifting means that they play shows that usually end up at 1am EST at 10pm PST. Since I'm sitting in a hotel room very far away from anything interesting, I'm watching television. Isn't that what one does while doing business travel? Yes I could be checking my email and finding out the health of some of the systems I'm responsible for ... meh. The travel channel has grabbed my attention with travel to deep Indonesia and the islands of Java. I have to admit that some of the shots remind me of the cloud forest in Peru.

There was a chance of me heading off to Korea for work reasons, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen. I just found out that if I was to go I would need to do so in six days ... I'm not going to get a Visa in that short a time so it looks like it isn't going to happen. Brent (my immediate boss) has mentioned that I'll probably be able to sneak some travel in some time soon. I can wait.

A big hello out to Lincoln and Deb. They've arrived in London and they're getting all settled. Lincoln has met some VPs and Directors in Delloite and Touche. They've decided not to rent a more expensive flat near some green space because it is a little too expensive ... they're so self-centered. Where are Kat and I supposed to stay while we're there?

Why is everything that sounds yummy from Indonesia come with coconut milk?

Kat has asked me to link in some pictures from Peru, so here they
Peru Trip
Jul 11, 2006 - 103 Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Southeast Asia is rife with coconuts is the problem Phillip! Actually Indonesian food is mostly about rice...Nasi Goreng...fried rice. Oh and don't worry we rented a big flat in Camden, a hip, happening hood with a big park nearby...lots of room for you and Kat!