Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Just finished watching a Train show, a corporate concert ... they played at a EMC corporate event that I happen to be at (EMC bought Documentum, the application I know very well). I heard from somebody in the audience that they were paid $25,000 to do the concert and they don't need to bring any of their own equipment. Nice job. They played a couple songs that I knew, then I left (yes, I left a free concert after it was halfway done).

Meet Virginia which oddly enough reminded me of An Emotional Fish song ... and I don't really remember where I heard of those guys, but I own the album (the An Emotional Fish album, not the Train album). I have to admit they knew the age of their audience because they played a cover of ramble on, sadly that was the one song I really enjoyed and hell, that song was released the same year I was born!

Most corporate events remind me of the scene from Roller Ball where the main character goes to a party for the rich corporate elite. Every time I go to one of these things (and that includes the Qualcomm Year End parties) I keep waiting for the revolution to happen and the poor to rise up and annihilate everyone. Too many bad sci-fi films in my youth.

Heh, I have to wonder why two of my references were from before I was nine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know where you heard of Train...think Sound Foundation and one of the women who worked for us...it was her favourite band. (if you need more hints think pickup trucks lol)