Friday, April 16, 2010

Things Change.

Kat and I've have dropped cable for a new entertainment provider, we've moved to satellite, Direct T.V. to be precise. Should be cheaper for the first year, but come the second year it'll be the same price as we were paying. I've found the only way to get cheap prices from companies is to go through their contractual period, then threaten to leave. It's sad to think that what I'm being told by companies is that they love me as a payer, but not enough to give me the cheapest deal. Essentially you have to be the squeaky wheel, or they take you for granted. Two years from now I'll be dropping Direct T.V. for somebody else who is willing to give me a cheaper deal.

I watched my first soccer game in high definition (HD), it looks impressive. I sure hope the World Cup is in HD this summer.

As some of you know, I have had all kinds of issues with my iMac in terms of over heating. I am now the proud owner of a custom laptop for gaming purposes. It comes with Windows 7 and other fun stuff like a fingerprint reader and all kinds of extra hardware like 2GB of video RAM. I've found Windows 7 not as easy to understand as OS X for Mac, which is odd. Over 10 years of working with Windows and I'm still looking around trying to find information that I found in a shorter time as a new Mac user. Games sure look pretty though. Games look *really* pretty. I'm working my way through the PC games that I couldn't play for the last couple years.

Mass Effect=Very good.
Dragon Age, Origins=Very, very good.
Plants vs. Zombies=Hilarious and good.

Kat was making fun of me because I bought a big powerful gaming machine and I'm playing something downloaded from Popcap games (Plants vs. Zombies). It's fun.

Or cat decided to piss on the couch last week, a couple days later I find she's pissed on the ottoman as well. So now our living room smells like cat pee. That is one of the worst things. After a first application of Natures's Miracle the smell was still there and we were thinking we may have to replace the cushions. Of course our couch is made by some obscure manufacturer in Montreal and the store who sold it to us isn't around any more. I had a heck of time even finding it mentioned on the 'net.

A bucket of Nature's Miracle and a steam cleaner and the couch is happily back to being clean again. I like the couch, I don't want to replace it. The feline is sitting in the back room looking quite happy with herself about *something*. I hate that cat some times.

On a happy note I talked to my orthopedic surgeon on Monday and I'm cleared to get back to road riding and surfing. I'll be organizing Friday morning surfing at work, I've decided to try and invite as many people as possible. As much as I love being in the ocean in the morning, it is peaceful, I have issues getting up that early and in the cold water. The more people I invite the better chance I will get out of bed assuming somebody else will show up. Motivating myself is difficult, assuming that somebody else is showing up will motivate me enough.

I know everyone is wondering how my various email incarnations are doing around the world:
- The Irish me was enjoying going to the greyhound park to watch some races (booking from Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium)
- The Las Vegas me is heading off to Eddies wedding (I got their plane ticket reminder). Yay Eddie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just got my new laptop as well, not quite as flash as yours...but I too am not using it to it's full potential, replayin my old games in screaming high resoultions and detail settings...turns out WOW looks really pretty with a good video card (I went with an ATI 5870).

If only we had these for our Quake and Unreal days! Railgun!!!