Friday, June 05, 2009

I'd upload a GPS of my lunch ride this week but the damn GPS hung, how terribly annoying. The heart rate monitor said I had a max heart rate of 210 but somehow I doubt that. Doesn't 210 mean I'm close to death?

A week has gone by, and I'm unimpressed with the U.S.A. commercial model.

I bought a rear case for my motorcycle when I coughed up the cash for the purchase. Last week I took it in and they had ordered the wrong part. Fair enough. Of course I had to call them to find out they had the pieces so I could show up, so they could find out they had the wrong ones. Hmm.

I was back at their store on Thursday because a friend of mine is recovering from being unemployed by buying stuff, lots of stuff. Since I was back at the BMW store I asked if they had my pieces in yet, and yes they did. So now I have my rear case installed (which will hold my helmet, woo!). They installed it quickly, but I had to ask them about it.

I included a shot of the new profile. It'll make my mother happier because it doesn't look so race oriented any more ;)

Back to my point though. I took my iMac back to the Apple store last Saturday to get the video card replaced and by Friday I was wondering what was happening. So I call them and find out, it's been fixed. They charged me less labour than I was expecting ... but yet again I had to call them.

Why am I calling these people so I can give them money? I figured they'd be all hot and bothered to get my cash. Okay, the BMW guys had my money, but that's no excuse for the Apple people.

So now I have my iMac back perhaps I won't be as assiduous about uploading things to the blog, I do have loads of distractions again. Quake live comes to mind. It's like the early 90s again, just free and runs in a browser. Of course I could simply enjoy the sound of my own typing and keep it up. Who knows?

Update on the pigeon issues. I joked the other day that my neighbour doesn't have any pigeon issues because he has a one story house and the neighbourhood cats can get on to his roof to eat them. I was considering installing a feline highway from his roof to mine (read a piece of wood) so they could eat the ones on my roof. Imagine my surprise when Kathleen and I come home from the Gastro Pub (horrible name, good food, yes the German Riesling kicks ass) and find that somebody has left a present on the doorstep. Is it wrong to dance around the corpse? I'm thinking yes. I simply nodded my appreciation to the silent hunters and moved on.

In case you are wondering, yes, it is getting crowded in the garage. I've had some interest, but nobody wants to buy the Yamaha yet.

No comments: